Thursday, October 11, 2007

PDD - NOS

Not a good day for us today. We went for our follow up appointment with the child psychologist this afternoon and we are being re evaluated next week. Some issues have come out in his therapy that did not present themselves as strongly when we did the initial evaluation back in July. She had told us then that he had autistic tendencies, but she did not feel that a diagnosis at that time was appropriate. She now feels that he will fall into the PDD-NOS diagnosis and wants to verify with another test. I guess I should be happy that she said she really doesn't feel that he has full autism, but it is still in the spectrum. I did a little research before we went in for the initial evaluation, but stopped because quite frankly it scared the Shit out of me!

I just keep asking myself, what if it was something that I could have prevented? I know a lot of people blame vaccines, but like the psychologist said, the research just doesn't show a correlation. What about TV? Did I let him watch to much TV at a young age? What about all my cleaning stuff? (I have gone "green" recently) There are so many questions that I am going crazy.

Oh, wait I have already gone there...........
I'm just having a pity party!

4 Response:

Hewy Nosleep said...

It's a bad situation. I've wondered about the TV watching myself.

I had to attend a seminar for work and met someone who worked in the behavioral science field. They had a lot of success using positive reinforcement techniques to modify the child's behavior. It took daily sessons and they parents have to know what behaviors to reinforce and which ones to ignore but it worked.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter at this point why, but that you are doing all you can to get him the support he needs!!

Hang in there! And let me know if you need anything, even just to vent a little. Because me? I've been throwing my own pity party here lately.

Lisa said...

Hey i was just searching under PDD-NOS to see others out there who are dealing with this as well. Your boys are young but you're really lucky that you had someone even consider it for your little one. My daughter is now 12 and i took me about 5 years to even get a doc to tell me it wasn't just me! Anyway just thought i'd say HI and let you know you're not alone!!
OH and i personally think it has nothing to do with watching too much tv!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Very interesting. DId you see Jenny McCarthy's interview in People magazine. Equally as interesting. Wishing the best for you.

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger