Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Housing market

Ok, here is one of those opinionated posts that may make a few mad, but you were warned that I am very opinionated.

I'm reading the news and run across the article about how the rate of foreclosures has increased yata yata yata, I'm sure you've all read the same. Now there are some government officials who want to take tax dollars and throw it at this situation to "make it better". Here comes my problem with this. There are legitimate home buyers who have had extenuating circumstances that need help and I do not fault them for that. However, during all this "housing boom" there are many, and I feel the majority of those in trouble now fall into this category, that simply are trying to live beyond their means and I don't feel our tax dollars should help them. If someone went out and bought a home as a statement of what they have and did not consider a safe debt to credit ratio when doing so, I don't feel sorry for them. I do not feel that our tax dollars should bail them out. There is a lot of ramped needless spending here!

Come on people if you aren't smart enough to read the papers of do the math it's not our responsibility to bail you out! Be responsible for yourself. We won't go into the subject of responsibility because I could go on for hours about how no one wants to take blame for their own actions, but that is better left to another day.

I am just dumbfonded by it all......................

1 Response:

Candice said...

I used to work in a bankruptcy trustee's office so I know what you mean. There were some that filed because they had medical bills that they could not pay (these I felt sorry for) and there were others that gambled their money away and couldn't pay their mortgage (didn't feel sorry for them). But they all wanted someone to bail them out. Most of them thought that it was our problem cause they filed bankruptcy?????

Anyway, a lot of the problem going on now is really the banking industries problem. They flashed this great low "adjustable rate" mortgage at them and no one thought about the consequences of the rate going really high. If anybody should fix this, it should be the banking industry and the people that got themselves into this mess in the first place, not the taxpayers.

I just hope that this doesn't affect us when we try to sell our house.

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger