Monday, August 13, 2007

Should we feel bad

Should we feel bad if other children we know get fancier toys or have better birthday parties than our child. This question was posed to me yesterday and I just don't know the right way to respond. I feel I should say it doesn't matter what others have, and that is what I said, but I know deep down I would probably feel bad for my child if they saw others getting more and better things than them. Now I'm not one to try to play keep up with the Jones' but this is my seet child, and I want to make him happpy. I know it doesn't matter right now, because the boys are so small, but what about later in life??? Should we strive to pamper and spoil or children with material things?

I just keep going back and forth on this one

2 Response:

Anonymous said...

I know I always want Punkin' to have the best, but who decides what is best?

More or fancier isn't necessarily better. Punkin' would rather have one of his $1 animals from the Dollar Tree than many pricier toys.

But yes, I do worry about "keeping up with the Jonses'" kids.

My2Suns said...

I think deep down if we search we all do.....sad isn't it

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger