Thursday, March 20, 2008

Snarky looks

I am so sick of the snarky looks I get when I am out with the boys. I feel like I have to defend myself and my children to everyone. I am always explainig that Peanut has a form of Autism and there are things he just doesn't understand. Well maybe understand is not the right word to use here. I think if he actually heard what was said he would understand, but when he sees something that catches his attention or if he is in his "dialogue zone" he is in his own world and I think he has no clue what is going on around him.

I do discipline the boys and I do not let them run wild. Hello do you not see me trying to get him to settle down! So lady at the vet that kept giving me dirty looks today piss off! I think my Vet said it best today when he made the comment that it must be really hard with the oldest having Autism and the youngest looking to him as a role model. Now it's not like this didn't run through my head a few hundred times, but I just keep trying to stay consistent with the discipline and hope that Sweet Pea will begin to catch on to what he should be doing.

I may just be oversensitive, but I always feel like people look at me like I am a nut case. I know there have been times when I saw an intereaction between parent and child (now you know this was pre children) and thought that they needed to get a grip on things.

Note to all, NEVER look at another parent and make a quick judgement on their parenting skill. You have absolutely no idea what their situation in life is or what they have been through prior to you coming into the picture.

1 Response:

Anonymous said...

I told you - screw the people and their snarky looks!! You don't have to explain yourself to anyone unless you choose to.

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger