Thursday, November 8, 2007

What's with Law Enforcement in Alabama

Let me just preface this by saying in my former life I worked as a Crime Scene Technician, so you know where I am coming from when I make my remarks.

My husbands car was recently broken into at work, in the parking lot in the broad daylight. His GPS and golf clubs were the only things taken of real value. When he contacted the police to make a report they did not even ask for any detailed information about the stuff stolen. They just wanted the generic GPS and golf clubs, no brands, serial numbers or anything else. I know Bham has A LOT of crime and this may be unimportant in the grand scheme of their day, but come on. Retrieving stolen property is something they can hire a civilian for. Point is as we were taught in school you have to go all out at EVERY scene because you don't know what you may find. It has also been proven that many criminals start off with stealing property and eventually graduate to more heinous crimes. What about the point system, or is that not here either. (Each crime is so many point and after a certain amount your punishment gets more severe)

After being irate about this the hubby tells me a guy at work got his home broken into and LOTS of expensive stuff stolen and they did nothing but write a report. WHAT??!!?? I know I hated going to Residential Burglaries, but come on are we just letting the crooks take peoples stuff that they worked so hard to attain?

0 Response:

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger