Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I would never survive as a Single mom

I really don't know how anyone does this on their own. With the hubby out of town frequently I have had my "single mom" stints and can I just say I don't like it. I feel so drained at the end of the day I just want to get the kids in bed and cry. I love my boys, but they can be a handful. I absolutely HATE to yell, but that is the only way I seem to get their attention when they are doing something that they shouldn't. I feel like I spend all day yelling. Then I feel guilty for loosing it. Tonight when we sat down after bath they both cuddled up to me and I felt like the worst mother in the world because not even a half hour earlier I was yelling at them to stop jumping on the couch. At least when the hubby is home I get a few minutes break while I'm doing the dishes. It is like they know he is not here and they let it all loose. I just don't understand, I spend the most time with them ergo I do most of the disciplining, so why is it that they are much better behaved for him?

So to all you single moms out there I give you kudos because I definitely could not do it on my own, you are much stronger women than I.

1 Response:

Anonymous said...

I'm in total agreement with you on this. I couldn't handle a job, kid, and household and I had a husband to help out.

How these moms work a job - or two - and still manage to spend time with their kids and stay sane is beyond me.

Since becoming a mom I've found out I'm not nearly as tough as I thought I was.

See you at Candace's tomorrow!

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger